Your safety is our top priority. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access resources and information to help support student success during the pandemic.
Villanova University - Nursing RN to BSN Transfer Agreement
Villanova University College of Nursing and Delaware County Community College (DCCC) enter into this program to program articulation agreement in order to facilitate the progression of
students with an Associate in Applied Science in Nursing from Delaware County Community College into the RN-BSN Online Program at Villanova University. This agreement specifies
program to program admission and transfer policies for students graduating from the Nursing Program at DCCC and wishing to enroll in the RN-BSN Online Program at Villanova
University's College of Nursing.
Terms and Conditions of Admission and Transfer to Villanova University College of Nursing
1. The DCCC Nursing Program is an ACEN accredited nursing program.
2. Students accepted into the Nursing Program at DCCC will be guaranteed admission into the Villanova University College of Nursing RN-BSN Online Program upon graduation
from DCCC if they meet admission requirements as specified in Paragraph 3 of this agreement.
3. Students graduating from the Nursing Program at DCCC must meet the following Villanova University College of Nursing admission requirements: have a GPA of 2.75 from their DCCC nursing program; have a grade of C in all transfer courses; have a grade of C+ in all nursing courses and provide two letters of reference.
4. Up to fifty (50) transfer credits will be awarded for liberal arts and sciences pre-requisite courses based on an evaluation of the equivalency of courses with those courses required
by Villanova University and according to Villanova University's existing transfer policies. Students must have earned a minimum grade of C in all transferred courses. See
DCCC / Villanova University College of Nursing Transfer Credit List for credit guidance.
5. Thirty-two (32) transfer credits will be awarded for nursing courses taken at DCCC.
6. Students entering the RN-BSN Online Program must demonstrate completion of 124 credits through transfer of credits andlor completion of required liberal arts and science
courses and all BSN courses at Villanova University to receive the BSN degree. Students must, at a minimum, complete the final42 credit hours of the academic nursing program
at Villanova University. (Twelve (12) credits are awarded through the Clinical Decision-Making Assessment (CMDA) and 30 credits are earned by completing Villanova
University College of Nursing courses).
7. Students must meet all applicable Villanova University requirements and deadlines pertaining to application for admission, registration and payment of tuition and fees with the exception of the application fee. Students pay the established Credit by Examination fee for the Clinical Decision-Making Assessment.
8. Villanova University's policies and procedures, including policies and procedures set forth from time to time in the University's and the College's Undergraduate Student Handbook, shall apply to students in the RN-BSN Online program.
Renewal, Termination and Other Provisions of this Agreement
1. The Villanova University College of Nursing and DCCC are responsible for identifying and communicating to each other any changes in their respective courses, equivalents,
requirements, or policies that affect this agreement.
2. This program articulation agreement is not exclusive and does not prohibit Villanova University or DCCC from entering any similar articulation agreements with other institutions.
3. Villanova University and Delaware County Community College are separate institutions under the independent management of their respective governing boards. Neither
institution is an agent, partner or joint venture of the other. Neither institution shall incur any financial obligations for the other.
4. This agreement will be in effect as of July | , 2017 , will be reviewed at least every three (3) years by the Villanova University College of Nursing and DCCC and will automatically be renewed unless superseded by a new agreement or formally terminated. Either institution may terminate the agreement at any time by written notice at least one year in advance of the effective date of termination. Should this agreement be terminated, it is understood that the termination will not apply to students already enrolled in or accepted to, but not yet enrolled in the program at Villanova University.
5. This agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Signatures are on file in the Transfer Office.
DCCC (Associates in Applied Science) / Villanova University (RN-BSN Online)
Transfer Credit List - Pre-Requisites Courses and Additional Credits
For students who started major Fall 2016 and after
|DCCC Course||Credits||Villanova Course||Credits|
|MAT 121 Introduction to Statistics||3||N/A Not a VU pre-req||N/A|
|ENG 100 Composition||3||ENG 1050 English Composition||3|
|PSY 140 General Psychology||3||PSY 1000 Introduction to Psychology||3|
|BIO 150 Human Anatomy & Physiology I||4||BIO 1205 Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|NUS 102 Nursing Mathematics||1||N/A Not a VU pre-req||N/A|
|NUS 110 Concepts & Practice I||8||Part of 32 AAS Nursing Credits||32|
|BIO 151 Human Anatomy & Physiology II||4||BIO 1206 Anatomy & Physiology II||4|
|PSY 210 Lifespan Human Development||3||PSY 3200 Developmental Psychology||3|
|NUS 111 Concents & Practice II||10||Part of 32 AAS Nursing Credits||N/A|
|NUS 221 Pharmarcology for Healthcare||3||NUR 3030 Basic Conc Pharmacology
Fulfills Chem/Bio/Free Elective
|Global Understanding Humanities - take HUM 160 World Religions*||3||THL 1500 Spirituality and the Healing Arts
(or can take with VU)
|NUS 210 Concepts & Practice III||10||Part of 32 AAS Nursing Credits||N/A|
|COMM 100 Interpersonal Communications or COMM 111 Public Speaking (preferred)||3||COM 1100 Public Speaking
Fulfills HUM elective
|NUS 211 Concepts & Practice IV||10||Part of 32 AAS Nursing Credits||N/A|
|SOC 110 Introcution to Sociology||3||SOC 1000 Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Additional courses to be taken at DCCC to maximize transfer credit|
|BIO 220 Nutrition and Well Being**||3||NTR 2120 Nutrition||3|
|BUS 220 Elementary Statistics **||3||MAT 1250 Statistics in Healthcare Research||3|
|PHI 110 Contemporary Moral Problems||3||PHI 2115 Health Care Ethics||3|
|Social Science Behavioral Science Elective #1: Suggested PSY 200 or PSY 220 or see choices below**||PSY 3500 for PSY 200
PSY 3700 for PSY 220
Or PSY 2900 - Special topics in PSY
|Social Science Behavioral Science Elective #2 Suggest: SOC 120 or see choices below**||3||SOC 1500 Social Problems or TBD||3|
|SSBSE #3 Suggest: PSY 215 Industrial Psychology or see choices below**||3||PSY 2700 Indus & Organizational Psychology or TBD||3|
|BIO 240 General Microbiology*||4||BIO 1181 Microbiology and Cell Genetics||4|
|10 VU Nursing Courses = 42 credits||42|
*Courses are pre-reqs needed prior to VU matriculation, in addition to the completing the AAS in Nursing.
**Courses are part of VU program but can be transferred in from DCCC if taken prior to matriculation.
Social/Behavior Science Electives (SSBE) may be selected from: Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, History politicat Science, Economics, Education.
lf all courses marked with an asterisk (* or **) are taken at DCCC, students will meet the maximum allowable number of VU transfer credits. Students will then take only the 10 RN-BSN nursing courses and could graduate in @1.5 years depending on number of courses taken per session - generally 1 per 8 - week session recommended unless student is not working. Students must take a minimum 42 credits at VU.
There are 2 clinical courses at VU where students need to suggest sites and preceptors. VU will assist with this process as needed. Students can contact Villanova for any additional questions about the program - [email protected]