For up-to-date COVID-19 protocols, including Health and Safety Guidelines for Summer/Fall 2022, visit dccc.edu/coronavirus.
Villanova University - Guaranteed Admission College of Professional Studies Agreement
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) and Villanova University, College of Professional Studies (CPS) enter into this Guaranteed Admission and Transfer Agreement to facilitate the transfer of DCCC students to all of CPS majors exclusively under the Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies and Bachelor of Arts in Public Service and Administration and Leadership majors. This agreement supersedes the previous Guaranteed Admission and Core-to-Core agreement between DCCC and Villanova University, College of Professional Studies, dated May 1, 2012. This Transfer agreement applies to all DCCC AA and AS graduates applying for the BIS and BA degrees. Under the Guaranteed Admission and Transfer Agreement, DCCC students will be guaranteed admission into the Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (BIS) and the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree programs as outlined above with a maximum of 90 credits that are applicable to the Villanova University, CPS BIS/BA degrees on the condition that they:
1. Have graduated from DCCC with an Associate in Arts (AA) degree or Associate in Science (AS) degree earning a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
2. Complete an "Intent to Enroll" form, and
3. Satisfy all other CPS application requirements.
A DCCC student admitted with third-year (junior) status to CPS will be able to complete the BIS or the BA degree at Villanova University, CPS, provided the student completes one of the
associate degree programs at DCCC specified above and completes and appropriately sequences their remaining course work at Villanova University, CPS. DCCC shall encourage
students to make themselves aware of the Villanova University CPS degree requirements early in their tenure at DCCC to facilitate a smooth transition, preferably before completing 30
In addition, CPS agrees to accept the general education embedded in the DCCC AA and AS degrees as meeting a majority of the requirements of its undergraduate general education requirements with the exceptions of Theology 1000 (Faith, Reason, and Culture), ACS 1000 (Core Humanities Seminar: Ancients) and CPS 1101 (College & Professional Success Strategies) which must be completed at Villanova University. In addition, MAT 1260 (Elementary Statistics) must be taken at Villanova University unless the student has completed MAT 210 (Statistics) at DCCC. Please note, students may have additional Core requirements to complete depending upon DCCC classes that are transferred in as free electives. Students are required to complete a minimum of 30 total credits for a degree, including 10 credits minimum in their major at Villanova University. Students must have earned a C or higher in courses to be eligible for transfer.
To facilitate the transfer of DCCC graduates to Villanova University, CPS in accordance with the foregoing guarantee, the parties agree to the following:
Obligations of Villanova University
1. To attend regularly scheduled day and svening transfer events at DCCC.
2. Provide DCCC with Villanova collaterals to distribute upon request.
3. To invite DCCC students who have completed an "Intent to Enroll" form to informational/advising meeting(s) with Villanova University, CPS faculty, and staff to provide opportunities for students to meet with CPS staff and faculty for information sessions and advising.
4. Villanova University, CPS will send written confirmation to all DCCC students who complete an "Intent to Enroll" form and meet the conditions outlined in the Preface. Students must confirm their intention to matriculate at Villanova University, CPS by the posted deadlines for the Fall, Spring, Summer terms and satisfy all other CPS admissions requirements, including
the completion of a CPS admissions application. DCCC students who complete an "Intent to Enroll" form will be governed by the CPS BIS and BA approved degree requirements in effect at the time of matriculation.
5. To waive the application fee for students who apply to Villanova University, CPS pursuant to this Agreement.
6. To consider for the Community College Scholars merit tuition rate program, all qualified graduates from DCCC and admitted to Villanova University, CPS BIS, and the approved BA degrees pursuant to this agreement. Eligible students with an overall grade point average of 3.00-3.49 will receive a 20% tuition reduction, and those with a 3.50-4.00 will receive a 25% tuition reduction for each course taken at Villanova University, CPS, for a total of six semesters.
7. To consider Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) scholarships for all those qualified graduates admitted to Villanova University, CPS pursuant to this Agreement. A varying number of PTK renewable scholarships are available. Currently, a 3.5-grade point average is required for consideration, and eligible students must enter Villanova University, CPS BIS/BA degrees after completion of their DCCC academic program (without attending another school in-between). They must also be enrolled in a degree-seeking program. The number of semesters for renewal will be based on the student's grade level upon enrollment to Villanova University. Non-US citizens and students with previous bachelor's degrees are not eligible for the PTK scholarship.
8. To ensure these students will be provided with Villanova University, CPS financial aid information and receive full consideration for Villanova University, CPS financial aid, in addition
to the scholarship listed above upon matriculation at Villanova University, CPS.
9. To support and accept the Transfer agreement that allows the DCCC general education courses for the AA or AS degree to fulfill the majority of Villanova University, CPS BIS, and the
BA Core requirements. Please note, students may have additional Core requirements to complete depending upon DCCC classes that are transferred in as free electives. The transfer
agreement does not alter the requirements of the student's major field of study or its admissions standards as identified in the Villanova University catalog. Please note that degree
requirements may update from year to year.
10. DCCC graduates entering Villanova University, CPS under the terms of this agreement will go through Villanova University, CPS transfer process and therefore must meet all
applicable requirements and deadlines pertaining to orientation, registration, and payment of tuition and fees. In addition, they will abide by the policies and procedures and any revisions
thereof that apply to all Villanova University CPS students.
11. To ensure that DCCC Guaranteed Admission students matriculate into a Villanova University, CPS with BIS/BA degree outlined in this agreement. As a student of Villanova
University, they have all of the rights and privileges of other Villanova University CPS students.
Obligations of Delaware County Community College
1. Publicize this Agreement to prospective and current DCCC students in its promotional literature, campus sign age, and make arrangements for Villanova University, CPS recruiters and
advisors to visit DCCC and meet with prospective and current Guaranteed Admission students.
2. Provide Villanova University, CPS, with annual graduation lists for the intent of Villanova to promote our offerings to the DCCC graduates.
3. Continue to allow table sessions throughout the year at DCCC campus locations.
4. Allow Villanova an opportunity to conduct a training session/lunch and learn/meeting with the advising and admissions teams to educate staff on the post-graduation options at
1. DCCC graduates entering Villanova University, CPS under the terms of this agreement will go through Villanova University, CPS transfer process and therefore must meet all
applicable requirements and deadlines pertaining to orientation and registration and payment of tuition and fees. In addition, they will abide by the policies and procedures and any revisions thereof that apply to all Villanova University, CPS students.
2. Complete an "Intent to Enroll" form to enroll in the Guaranteed Admissions agreement.
3. Submit an official transcript(s) from all universities and or colleges attended to Villanova, CPS.
4. To transfer courses into Villanova University, CPS students must have a passing grade of "C" or better.
5. Satisfy all other Villanova University, CPS application requirements.
I. Consult with each other through appropriate channels prior to implementing significant changes in policy or curricula that directly affect students transferring under the terms of this
Agreement and keep each other informed of any other changes of policy or curricula that affect those students. Both Villanova University, CPS and DCCC will review this Agreement annually and make any changes upon mutual agreement, as needed. Such changes will become effective when both DCCC and Villanova University, CPS sign the revised document.
2. Collaborate in providing students with information and academic advising about this agreement, Villanova University's academic requirements, and the process of transferring to
Villanova University, CPS.
3. DCCC and Villanova University, CPS jointly agree to develop and implement advertising and promotional efforts to communicate the benefits of Guaranteed Admission.
4. Each institution will designate a representative or representatives who will coordinate the Guaranteed Admission and Transfer Agreement between the two institutions.
5. Exchange data and documents annually that will contribute to the maintenance and improvement of this Transfer arrangement, enhance the transfer process, and promote
effective cooperation between institutions.
6. Facilitate and support consultation and collaboration between their faculties related to this agreement, general education, degree requirements, and other academic matters.
Revision. Renewal and Termination of this Agreement
The Villanova University's CPS Office and the appropriate offices at DCCC are responsible for identifying and communicating with each other, changes in the policies or requirements of their respective institutions that affect this Agreement.
This Agreement will be in effect as of the date of its signing for students entering Villanova
University, CPS BtS and the approved BA degrees on or after May 1, 2021. It will be reviewed annually by the appropriate parties at each institution and will be renewed automatically until superseded by a new Agreement or formally terminated. Either institution may terminate this Agreement at any time by written notice. Should this Agreement be terminated, it is
understood that the termination will not apply to students already accepted to Villanova University, CPS BIS and the approved BA degrees under the terms of this Agreement.
Other Provisions of this Agreement
Assignment. Neither party shall assign this Agreement to another without the written consent of the other. Any such purported assignment shall be void.
No Third-Party Beneficiaries. None of the benefits obligations of either party shall run to or be enforceable by any student or other third party.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement represents the entire agreement and understanding between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersedes any prior and/or
contemporaneous discussions, representations, or agreements, whether written or oral, of the parties regarding its subject matter.
The willingness of both institutions to enter this Agreement in order to facilitate the transfer of students from DCCC into Villanova University, CPS and to expand their opportunities for
academic success there, is indicated by the following signatures.
Signatures on File in the Transfer Office