Face masks are required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will be required for students, employees and visitors. Visit dccc.edu/vaccine-info for additional information.
Lincoln University Dual Admissions
Dual Admissions and Core-to-Core Transfer Agreement
Lincoln University of Pennsylvania
and Delaware County Community College
Dual Admission and Core-to-Core Transfer Agreement
This agreement is entered by both institutions to facilitate a seamless transfer for Delaware County Community College (DCCC) students who wish to attend Lincoln University (LU). This agreement supersedes any previously signed articulations between Lincoln University and Delaware County Community College.
In the interest of providing educational opportunities to students and to foster the completion of, Lincoln University of Pennsylvania (LU) and Delaware County Community College (DCCC) enter into this Dual Admission and Core-to-Core transfer agreement. The Agreement provides a pathway for eligible students completing an Associate Degree of Science (A.S.) or an Associate Degree of Arts (A.A.) at Delaware County Community College (DCCC) to transfer with full junior standing into Lincoln University. The Nursing program at Lincoln University requires a separate transfer agreement for admission and is not guaranteed under this Agreement. This Agreement also facilitates current and future program-to-program and/or guides that specify DCCC transfer students' DCCC courses that satisfy major requirements for baccalaureate degree completion at Lincoln University (Appendix A).
Dual Admission Transfer Agreement Terms and Conditions
Admission into the Dual Admission students to be admitted into a parallel bachelor's degree program with junior status at Lincoln University, provided-the student:
- Completes and submits a Dual Admission Intent to Enroll Form (Appendix B) to the DCCC Transfer Office. For advising purposes, Lincoln University recommends the completion of the Intent to Enroll Form before completing more than thirty (30) college-level transferable credits from all institutions attended:
- Meets all applicable Lincoln University requirements and deadlines pertaining to application for admission and payment of tuition and fees by April 15 for fall term admission and December 15 for spring term admission.
- Students must also satisfy any admission requirements for their major.
- Meets the requirements of study and any other curriculum requirements applying to all Lincoln University students in effect at Lincoln University at the time of admission to DCCC or Lincoln University (depending on what is most beneficial to the student). These students will abide by the policies and procedures, and any revisions thereof, which apply to all Lincoln University students
- A minimum cumulative GPA is required of all Lincoln University transfer students. Transfer credit will be awarded for courses with a grade of "C" or for all courses transferred to LU. Please note courses with a grade of "D" may lower your advanced standing status. Submission of official transcripts for evaluation of credit from other attended institutions, including military transcripts, is required. Credit will also awarded for AP, CLEP, etc. with appropriate documentation. Developmental courses are not eligible for transfer.
Graduates from DCCC with an Associate degree program except for Nursing (Nursing is NOT guaranteed admissionthrough this articulation).
Core-to-Core Transfer Agreement Terms and Conditions
Under Core-to-Core Agreement Lincoln University will accept the general education requirements embedded in the Delaware County Community College A.A. or A.S. degree as meeting all the requirements of Lincoln University's undergraduate Core curriculum requirements.
Obligations of Delaware County Community College
- Publicize this Dual Admission and Core-to-Core Transfer Agreement to Current and prospective students in print and electronic communication resources.
- Distribute Intent to Enroll Forms and Lincoln University promotional materials to students.
- Communicate annually with Lincoln University officials regarding any curricular changes that have an impact on this transfer agreement.
- Provide recruitment opportunities for Lincoln University, such as invitations to college transfer fairs, individual recruitment visits, and promotional literature displays.
- Work collaboratively with the transition Dean at LU, who will provide students with appropriate support services for a seamless transition.
- Assign responsibility to the Transfer Office to oversee the Dual Admission and Core-to-Core Transfer Agreement and ensure the continued effectiveness of the Agreement.
Obligations of Lincoln University of Pennsylvania
- Waiver of Lincoln University's enrollment fee for Delaware County Community College students who submit the lntent to Enroll Form. Students opting to reside on campus will be required to pay the $75 residence life fee to secure housing.
- Provide DCCC students participating in this Agreement with a fixed rate tuition based on their start year. This means that the tuition rate will remain the same for four years of consecutive enrollment. Students not completing in four years would be subject to the rate increase for the current year. The fixed rate only applies to tuition and does not include mandatory fees or room and board.
- Identify a point of contact (liaison) connecting DCCC students to Lincoln and providing support during the enrollment process.
- Work collaboratively with Delaware County Community College to ensure proper curricular alignment of degree requirements.
- Admit eligible Delaware County Community College graduates into Lincoln University with full junior standing.
- Notify Delaware County Community College's Transfer Office annually of any curricular changes that would impact this Dual Admission and Core-to-Core Transfer AgreementUpon completion of the Associate Degree qualified DCCC students will be eligible for the Lion Transfer Scholarship awarded to students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 ($2,500).
- Criteria for the scholarship include:
Lincoln University Transfer Scholarship
This scholarship is subject to the followlng conditions prior to enrollment:
• Submission of the scholarship acceptance form by June 1.
• Submission of the non-refundable acceptance deposit by June 1.
This scholarship is subject to the following conditions after enrollment:
• Recipients must remain enrolled at Lincoln University for up to 6 consecutive semesters (3 years total) and earn a 3.00 cumulative GPA or above. Gap semesters are not permitted.
• Recipients must earn 30 credits each year during the fall and spring semesters. Testing out of a class, transfer credits and summer school credits cannot be counted toward the 30 credit requirement to maintain the scholarship.
• Recipients must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1 of each year to maintain eligibility. Students must complete 5 hours of community service annually.
• Intent to Enroll Form;
• Lincoln University letter of admission to all Delaware County Community College students who completed the Intent to Enroll Form and meet the conditions set forth in this Agreeinent. Students must confirm their intention to matriculate at Lincoln University by June 1 for the fall semester, and November 1 for the spring semester, however it is recommended that students indicate their intent as early as possible to secure housing.
• Satisfy all Lincoln University transfer requirements.
- Work with Delaware County Community College on program-to-program transfer agreements and/or guides that specify for Delaware County Community College transfer students the Delaware County Community College courses that satisfy major requirements for degree completion at Lincoln University.
- Provide DCCC with up-to-date course equivalencies upon request.
The Dual Admission and Core-to-Core Transfer Agreement shall be subject to review and modification every three year s by officials at both Lincoln University and Delaware County Community College. The respective institutions will notify one another of curricular changes that impact the Agreement. Either institution may terminate the Agreement by written notice at least one (1) year in advance of the effective date of termination. Should this Agreement be terminated, the termination will not apply to students already accepted to Lincoln University under the terms of the Agreement.
This Agreement will be renewed automatically until superseded by a new Agreement or formally terminated.
Signatures of File in the Transfer Office
The following DCCC Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees are included in this Agreement and correspond to LU bachelor's degrees as noted:
|Delaware County Community College||Lincoln University of Pennsylvania|
|Administration of Justice, Associate of Arts (AADJ)||Criminal Justice (B.A.)|
|Business Administration - General Business, Associate of Science (BUAD)||B.A. or B.S. Accounting, Finance, Administration, Management|
|Communication Arts - Communication Studies Option, Associate of Arts (COMM)||B.A. or B.S. Mass Communication|
|Communication Arts - Journalism Option, Associate of Arts (JOUR)||B.A. or B.S. Mass Communication|
|Communication Arts - Theatre Option, Associate of Arts (THEA)||B.A. Visual-Performing Arts|
|Computer Science, Associate of Science (CIS)||B.A or B.S. Computer Science|
|Engineering, Associate of Science (EGR)||B.S. Engineering Science|
|English, Associate of Arts (ENG)||B.A. English Liberal Arts|
|Global Studies, Associate of Arts (GLOS)||B.A. or B.S. Pan-African Studies|
|History, Associate of Arts (HIS)||B.A. or B.S. History|
|Liberal Arts, Associate of Arts (L.A.)||B.A. Liberal Arts|
|Mathematics/Natural Science, Associate of Science (MNS)||B.A. or B.S. Mathematics|
|Political Science, Associate of Arts (POL)||B.A. or B.S. Political Science|
|Psychology, Associate of Science (PSY)||B.A. or B.S. Psychology|
|Science for Health Professions, Associate of Science (HSCI)||B.A. or B.S. Health Science|
|Social Work, Associate of Arts (SWO)||B.A. or B.S. Human Services|
|Sociology, Associate of Science (SOC)||B.A. or B.S. Sociology|