Your safety is our top priority. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access resources and information to help support student success during the pandemic.
Delaware Valley University - Dual Admission & Core-to-Core Agreement
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) and Delaware Valley University (DelVal) enter into this articulation agreement in order to facilitate the transfer of students from DCCC to DelVal and to expand their opportunities for academic success at DelVal. It consists of a guaranteed transfer admission and a Core-to-Core agreement for all students who earn a DCCC A.A. or A.S. degree. This new agreement supersedes the articulation signed on 2014.
Dual Admission Agreement
The Dual Admission Agreement facilitates the transfer of DCCC students who have completed the DCCC Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.). All students who earn a
DCCC A.A. or A.S. degree are guaranteed admission to DelVal. Students must complete an application, forward official transcripts from all institutions attended, and meet specific admission requirements for specific bachelor degree majors.
In addition, DelVal agrees to accept the General Education Core embedded in the DCCC Associate in Science (A.S.) degree as meeting all the requirements of its undergraduate General Education requirements. This Core-to-Core agreement applies to all DCCC A.S. graduates.
DelVal also agrees to accept the General Education Core embedded in the DCCC Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree as meeting all the requirements of its undergraduate General Education requirements provided that the student enrolls in a DelVal Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree program. If a student with an A.A. degree elects to pursue a B.S. degree program they will be required to fulfill the math and science course requirement that are pre-requisites for the DelVal Bachelor of Science degree.
Students who change their program of study may be required to take appropriate pre-requisite courses either at DelVal or at DCCC.
Terms and Conditions Applicable to Both Agreements
- Students should complete the DelVal Dual Admission Intent To Enroll Form before completing 30 college-level credits. This includes credits earned from previous institutions.
- A minimum grade of “C-” is required to transfer a course to DelVal. All courses must be college-level.
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA from all institutions attended is required for admission to DelVal under this agreement. However, each degree program may have different GPA requirements.
- DelVal will accept a maximum of 78 credits in transfer from all prior colleges and universities.
- DelVal has a 48 credit residency requirement, 15 of these 48 credits must be in the major.
- DCCC credits earned through Credit for Prior Learning will be evaluated on an individual basis according to established DelVal policies.
- The student must meet all applicable DelVal requirements and deadlines pertaining to application for admission and payment of tuition and fees.
- Students transferring under this agreement will be eligible for financial aid and housing on the same basis as native DelVal students.
- Once at DelVal, students who transfer under the terms of this agreement are responsible for meeting all degree requirements in effect for their major.
- DelVal guarantees a free application for transfer students who apply to DelVal pursuant to this agreement.
- DelVal agrees to award academic scholarships to all qualified students admitted to DelVal pursuant to this Agreement as stipulated in Appendix I.
- Students are also eligible for need-based financial aid and other types of financial aid. DCCC students admitted under the agreement will be provided with DelVal financial aid information and receive full consideration for DelVal financial aid upon matriculation at DelVal.
- Students who do not complete any associate degree at DCCC are not eligible under the terms of these agreements. They will not be granted automatic admission to DelVal and must apply for admission under the regular transfer admissions process.
- Students transferring to a related DelVal Bachelor’s degree program from an eligible DCCC Associate degree program will transfer their entire Associate degree and may transfer additional applicable credits, up to a total of 78 credits. This includes credits from all prior colleges and universities.
- Students who transfer under the terms of this agreement must apply for admission to DelVal within one year of DCCC graduation.
Joint Responsibilities for Maintenance of this Agreement
- DCCC and DelVal agree to maintain and distribute information about this agreement, and any changes relevant to it, to students, administrators, faculty, counselors, and advisors.
- DCCC and DelVal will assure that the appropriate personnel at their respective institutions are made aware of the agreement and any revisions thereto, and are encouraged to support it.
- Both institutions will encourage DCCC students to meet with representatives of DelVal to discuss issues related to admission, financial aid, and transfer of courses well in advance of their expected date of entry.
- Both institutions agree to maintain and share outcomes data and records of the DCCC students admitted into the program to the extent permitted by law. DCCC also agrees to share graduation lists with DelVal once the information becomes available.
- Administrators and faculty from each institution teaching in the programs for which this agreement has been developed will be encouraged to meet periodically to discuss issues of curriculum and student development.
- DCCC and DelVal will jointly develop and implement marketing efforts to attract students to the program. Both institutions agree to share their logos and provide direct links between DelVal and DCCC websites.
Revision, Renewal and Termination of this Agreement
- The DelVal Associate Director of Admissions/Transfer Coordinator and the DCCC Director of Advising, Transfer and Articulation are responsible for identifying and communicating to each other changes in the policies or requirements of their respective institutions that affect this agreement.
- This agreement will be in effect as of the date of its signing. It will be reviewed annually by the parties, and will be renewed automatically until superseded by a new agreement or formally terminated in writing.
- Either party may initiate amendments to this agreement, including the addition of eligible programs, by submitting them in writing to the designated representative from DelVal or DCCC. No amendments will be effective unless signed by the authorized agents of each institution. Whenever possible, DelVal will grandfather students who have followed the previous articulation document.
- Either institution may terminate this agreement at any time by written notice of at least one (1) year in advance of the effective date of termination. Should this agreement be terminated, it is understood that the termination will not apply to students already accepted to DelVal under the terms of this agreement, but not yet enrolled in classes.
- The addresses to which all written notices are to be sent are specified below:
Delaware County Community College:
Director of Advising, Transfer and Articulation
Delaware County Community College
901 S. Media Line Road
Media, Pa 19063
Delaware Valley University:
Delaware Valley University
700 Butler Avenue
Doylestown, PA 18901
- Each party shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless, the other party, its trustees, directors, officers, employees, staff, agents and independent contractors from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, damages, demands, lawsuits, settlements, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising directly or indirectly from any acts or omissions of a party, its employees, agents and/or assigns, including, but not limited to, negligence, personal injury, breach of contract, misrepresentation and fraud.
- The willingness of both institutions to enter this agreement in order to facilitate the transfer of students from DCCC to DelVal and to expand their opportunities for academic success at DelVal is indicated by the signatures on file.
Dual Admission Agreement Scholarships
Effective January 2018
Full-time Student Scholarships
- Full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) with a 3.5 – 4.0 final DCCC GPA will receive a $21,000 scholarship per year.
- Full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) with a 3.0 – 3.49 final DCCC GPA will receive a minimum of $19,000 scholarship per year.
- Full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) with a 2.5 – 2.99 final DCCC GPA will receive a minimum of $17,000 scholarship per year.
- Full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) with a 2.0 – 2.49 final DCCC GPA will receive a minimum of $15,000 scholarship per year.
- Full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) who are members of Phi Theta Kappa will receive an additional 1,000 PTK scholarship per year.
Part-time Student Scholarships
- Part-time students (enrolled in 6 to 11 credits a semester) with a final DCCC GPA of 3.0 or higher will receive a minimum of a $1,500 scholarship per semester for the Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
- Part-time students (enrolled in 6 to 11 credits a semester) with a final DCCC GPA of 2.0 to 2.99 will receive a minimum of a $1,000 scholarship per semester for the Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
- Part-time students (enrolled in 6 or more credits and less than 12 credits) who are members of Phi Theta Kappa will receive a $250 PTK scholarship per semester for the Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
Additional Scholarship Information
- All scholarships may be renewed each year contingent upon the student remaining in good academic standing at DelVal.
- DCCC students who initially enroll at DelVal as part-time students and wish to change to full-time students will be awarded institutional scholarships based on their current cumulative DelVal GPA.
- DCCC students who initially enroll at DelVal as full-time students and wish to change to part-time students will be awarded institutional scholarships based on their current cumulative DelVal GPA.