For up-to-date COVID-19 protocols, including Health and Safety Guidelines for Summer/Fall 2022, visit dccc.edu/coronavirus.
Alvernia University - Dual Admission Agreement
The information contained is meant to be used as a guide. The transfer institution reserves the right to make changes at any time.
Alvernia University welcomes students from Delaware County Community College into our community of learners. At Alvernia University, graduates from Delaware County Community College’s Associate degree programs will benefit from educational opportunities in one of several baccalaureate degree program options as well as from an outstanding faculty who are committed to their academic success. This Dual Admission Agreement is therefore designed to facilitate Delaware County Community College students’ ease of transfer into Alvernia University in both the Traditional Day and Adult Education divisions.
Under the terms of this Dual Admission Agreement, as delineated in the following pages, Delaware County Community College students who are admitted to either an Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.), Associate in Fine Arts (A.F.A.), or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program are eligible to participate in this agreement and, upon graduation from Delaware County Community College, be guaranteed admission to a baccalaureate degree program (see exclusions) at Alvernia University, provided they:
1) Earn a high school diploma or its equivalent prior to signing an “Intent to Enroll Form;"
2) Complete a non-binding Dual Admission/Intent to Enroll Form, as soon as possible but preferably at the time of admission to Delaware County Community College, but no later than after the successful completion of 45 college transferable credits at the 100-level or above [only courses with a grade of “C” or better will transfer] which would be accepted by Alvernia University in transfer, including both Delaware County Community College courses as well as those from other regionally accredited colleges and universities;
3) Graduate from Delaware County Community College in an eligible Associate degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 (or higher for some programs);
4) Enroll at Alvernia within one year of Delaware County Community College graduation;
5) Do not attend another institution between the time they graduate from Delaware County Community College and enroll at Alvernia;
6) Apply by the appropriate deadlines as determined by Alvernia. Submit a completed Alvernia University Application for Admission ideally once 45 credits have been earned at Delaware County Community College, or at least three to six months prior to the start of the semester in which they plan to begin their studies at Alvernia University;
7) Complete other regular admission requirements as determined by and to the satisfaction of Alvernia;
8) Satisfy all Alvernia University general admissions and program specific admission requirements, including submission of all post-secondary and military documents as needed. International students that have earned an Associate’s degree will be exempt from taking the TOEFL or IELTS;
9) Complete the degree requirements as outlined in the Alvernia University undergraduate catalog;
10) Attend Alvernia University as a full-time student if they wish to receive the Dual Admissions scholarship. Students can attend Alvernia University on a part-time basis, but will not be eligible for the Dual Admissions scholarship included in this articulation, and;
11) Alvernia University will accept a maximum of 75 transferable credits. Former Alvernia University students are not eligible to participate in this agreement, although all credits earned at Delaware County Community College are transferable.
Obligations of Alvernia University
1) Attend regularly scheduled “partner” programs at Delaware County Community College, and provide Delaware County Community College with Dual Admission Intent to Enroll Form and Alvernia University Fact Sheets to distribute upon request;
2) Facilitate the smooth curricular and co-curricular integration of Delaware County Community College graduates to Alvernia University by inviting Delaware County Community College students to information sessions with Alvernia University faculty and staff on a regular basis at both Delaware County Community College and Alvernia University;
3) Send an Alvernia University Letter of Acceptance to all Delaware County Community College students who complete a Dual Admission/Intent to Enroll Form, and who meet the conditions set forth in both the “Preface” and remaining sections of this document. Delaware County Community College students who complete and sign the Dual Admission/Intent to Enroll Form will be required to follow and satisfy all Alvernia University degree requirements, as stated in the current edition of the University’s Undergraduate Catalog, that are in effect at the time of the form’s signing and submission to Alvernia University;
4) Waive the Application Fee for students who enroll at Alvernia University pursuant to the terms of this Agreement; and provide ongoing advisement information;
5) Provide Delaware County Community College students with financial aid information and guarantee that they will, upon matriculation at Alvernia University, receive the financial aid for which they are eligible;
6) All students transferring to Alvernia University as a full-time student in a traditional day program will receive the new DCCC/Alvernia Partnership Award. This $6,000 award is guaranteed to all qualifying students that participate in this agreement. This award is renewable up to four (4) years if academic progress is maintained, with a minimum 2.0 GPA at Alvernia University. Students who are PTK members are eligible to receive a one-time $1,000 award;
7) Ensure that the documents of Delaware County Community College graduates who plan to enter Alvernia University under the terms of this Agreement are processed in accordance with Alvernia University’s established transfer admissions process. These students will be expected to abide by all current policies and procedures, as well as any revisions thereof that apply to all Alvernia University students;
8) In conjunction with designated Delaware County Community College officials, conduct periodic reviews of course-to-course equivalencies and the applicability of those equivalencies to specific academic programs at Delaware County Community College and Alvernia University;
9) Ensure that Delaware County Community College students who matriculate at Alvernia University under the terms of this Agreement are afforded all of the rights and privileges that are extended to all Alvernia University students, and,
10) Provide to Delaware County Community College names of students who successfully complete the Alvernia University program and their dates of graduation.
Obligations of Delaware County Community College
1) Publicize this Agreement to all prospective and current Delaware County Community College students in its promotional literature;
2) Make special arrangements for Alvernia University recruiters and advisers to visit Delaware County Community College to meet with current and prospective Dual Admissions students;
3) Provide the Registrar at Alvernia University with current Delaware County Community College catalogs as well as any curricular additions and/or deletions that occur throughout the academic year;
4) Arrange for meetings, as needed, between Alvernia University Deans and faculty with their counterparts at Delaware County Community College;
5) Promote the partnership by allowing Alvernia access to Delaware County Community College students on special days other than the standard Transfer Days at Delaware County Community College;
6) Provide contact information of Delaware County Community College graduates upon request by Alvernia;
7) Inform Alvernia of all students who sign an “Intent to Enroll Form” within 30 days of the form being signed, and,
8) Meet regularly with the representatives of Alvernia to review and alter this agreement as needed and mutually agreed upon.
Joint Obligations of both Alvernia University and Delaware County Community College
1) Communicate with each other through appropriate channels and through designated individuals prior to implementing any changes which impact this agreement;
2) Review this Agreement annually and make any changes, as needed and upon mutual agreement, that will become effective when Delaware County Community College and Alvernia University sign the revised document;
3) Provide students with information about this Agreement and offer academic advising pertaining to Alvernia University academic requirements and the transitioning process;
4) Jointly agree to develop and implement advertising and promotional efforts to communicate the benefits of this Dual Admissions Agreement;
5) Designate a representative or representatives who will coordinate and monitor the Dual Admission Agreement between the two institutions;
6) Facilitate and support consultation and collaboration between and among the faculty at both institutions as such interaction relates to this Agreement, General Education/Core requirements, degree requirements, and other academic matters that pertain to the maintenance of student satisfactory academic progress.
Revision, Renewal, and Termination of this Agreement
This Agreement will be in effect, as of the date of its signing, for students entering Alvernia University’s 2013 Fall Semester and thereafter. It is understood that this Agreement will be reviewed annually by the appropriate parties at each institution, as designated by the officers listed below, and will be renewed automatically until superseded by either a new Agreement or formal termination.
Either institution may terminate this Agreement at any time by written notice of at least one year in advance of the effective date of termination. Should this Agreement be ended, the termination will not apply to students already accepted to Alvernia University under the terms of the Agreement.
The willingness of both institutions to enter into this Agreement in order to facilitate the transfer of students from Delaware County Community College to Alvernia University and to expand their opportunities for academic success is indicated by the following signatures. The undersigned representatives of the parties, Delaware County Community College and Alvernia University have executed this Agreement on the dates indicated:
Signatures on File in the Transfer Office