Delaware County Community College is an accredited, public two-year college located in Media, Pennsylvania. The College serves 12,500 students, including more than 200 international students from over 50 countries. Delaware County students enjoy a safe, high-tech campus surrounded by nature, with easy access to the dynamic and historical city of Philadelphia, 22km away.
The College issues the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Form I-20 to qualified individuals who wish to obtain F-1 visa status for full-time study. The College also welcomes students on other visas. Take a moment to review our international admissions procedures and download our application.
Advantages for International Students
- Small classes (average of 20 students)
- No TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, or ACT required
- Excellent English as a Second Language (ESL) program, tutoring included
- Individual attention from professors and one-on-one advising
- Transfer Agreements with more than 40 universities and colleges
- Transfer scholarships and guaranteed admission with select partner schools
- Homestay Program and help locating apartments
- Full-time Office of International Student Services
- High-tech labs, classrooms, and equipment
- More than 25 clubs, sports teams, and organizations
- Access to Philadelphia, New York City, and hundreds of nearby colleges and universities
Resources for International Students
Important Dates for New International Students
|Semester||Application Deadline||Orientation Start Date||Classes Begin||Final Exams|
|Spring 2017||November 15||January 6||January 17||May 9-15|
|Summer ESL 2017||April 15||May 31||June 6||August 10|
|Fall 2017||July15||August 18||August 28||December 11-17|
The College automatically enrolls international students in a health insurance plan. International students must accept this insurance. No waivers can be made. The College implements this policy to best and most efficiently safeguard students’ health needs. Students may wish to obtain their own supplemental insurance to increase their maximum total coverage.
Students who will be under the age of 18 at the time of enrollment must submit a Medical Release form with their application for admission. Acceptances will not be issued until this form is received.
Test Scores for Admission (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, and ACT)
TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, and ACT scores are not required for admission. However , if you do have test scores, they may be used for placement purposes. Please visit the International Admissions page for more information.
Paying for Your Education
Financial aid and payment plans are not available for international students. However, the College costs less than most four-year universities and colleges, and during the fall and spring semesters some international students work on campus to earn spending money. Please see our current international student cost estimate for more details on tuition, fees, and other expenses.