Your safety is our top priority. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access resources and information to help support student success during the pandemic.
Welding Technology, Certificate Competency
Effective for Spring, 2016
The Welding Technology Certificate provides training in the field of industrial welding. This Certificate offers practical training and relevant theory in Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Flux cored Arc Welding, Oxy-fuel Welding and Cutting, Plasma Cutting, as well Welding Inspection.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate basic competencies in the four primary welding processes used in industry today.
- Use welding electrodes in four positions.
- Interpret blueprints and welding symbols.
- Apply non-destructive testing required in industry.
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge of basic metallurgy.
- Employ occupational safety and health principles and practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of inspection principles and practices.
First Semester (8 credits)
|WLD 100 - Introduction to Welding||2|
|WLD 101 - Introduction to Oxy-Fuel Welding and Cutting||2|
|WLD 103 - Shielded Metal Arc Welding I||2|
|WLD 104 - Shielded Metal Arc Welding II||2|
Second Semester (9 credits)
|WLD 105 - Intermediate Shielded Metal Arc Welding I||2|
|WLD 106 - Intermediate Shielded Metal Arc Welding II||2|
|WLD 111 - Printing Reading and Shop Math for Fabricators||3|
|Welding Elective (2 credits)|
Third Semester (6 credits)
|WLD 200 - Gas Metal Arc I||2|
|WLD 202 - Advanced Shielded Arc Welding I||2|
|WLD 204 - Gas Tungsten Arc Welding I||2|
Fourth Semester (6 credits)
|WLD 201 - Gas Metal Arc II||2|
|WLD 203 - Advanced Shielded Arc Welding II||2|
|WLD 205 - Gas Tungsten Arc Welding II||2|
Total Credits: 29
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.