Web Development, Certificate of Competency
This certificate option will provide students with a multi-disciplinary approach and expose students to the design, networking, and programming areas of the field. Designed to prepare students for entry-level employment as: Web Site Designer, Web Developer, Web Programmer. Students learn to integrate client-side and server-side technologies to build and manage real-world web-based applications. The program provides students with necessary skills for creating and managing web sites using current industry standards. Designing and developing responsive web applications for display on mobile and desktop devices is also emphasized. Students also gain a foundation in current networking technologies and supporting Linux/UNIX systems.
In conjunction with the general education and IT core requirements students should be able to:
- Plan for a professional web site including graphics design, structural analysis and data gathering.
- Create web sites using current HTML and CSS standards.
- Create responsive web applications that display appropriately on a variety of mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop screens.
- Incorporate scripting languages into web developments to add control and interactive elements
- Understand and support current Linux/UNIX systems.
- Understand and apply the fundamentals of networking including the OSI model, network protocols, transmission media, topologies, hardware, software, WAN's, remote connectivity, security, and TCP/IP.
First Semester (12 credits)
|DPR 101 - Introduction to Computer Science||3|
|NET 110 - Network Communications||3|
|DPR 141 - UNIX Operating Systems||3|
|IMM 120 - Web Page Design and Development||3|
Second Semester (9 credits)
|DPR 241 - Mobile Web Development||3|
|DPR 206 - PHP/MySQL||3|