Your safety is our top priority. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access resources and information to help support student success during the pandemic.
Process Control Technology, Certificate of Proficiency
Effective: Spring, 2016
This certificate is designed to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to seek employment as Process Operators/Technicians in automated manufacturing and production facilities. The program provides students with an introduction to the concepts, theory, principles, and technical demands, as well as the hazards, and accident prevention aspects associated with the operation of processing equipment.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the monitoring and maintenance of processing systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting processes.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solving process control problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety practices and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the job responsibilities of various positions of employment with the (continuous flow) processing industries.
First Semester (14 credits)
|PCT 100 - Plant Equipment||3|
|PCT 101 - Introduction to Process Technology||4|
|PCT 110 - Safety, Health and the Environment||3|
|MAT 128 - Algebra||4|
Second Semester (10-11 credits)
|CHE 101 - Introduction to General Chemistry||4|
|TCC 111 - Technical Communications||3|
|Please pick one of the following courses highlighted in blue:|
|MAT 120 - Modern College Mathematics||3|
|MAT 121 - Introduction to Probability and Statistics||3|
|MAT 135 - Business Precalculus||3|
|MAT 151 - College Algebra||4|
Third Semester (12 credits)
|PCT 111 - Process Control I||4|
|PCT 115 - Process Control II||4|
|PCT 120 - Unit Operations||4|
Total Credits: 36-37
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.