Your safety is our top priority. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access resources and information to help support student success during the pandemic.
Plumbing Technology, Certificate of Competency
The Plumbing Technology Certificate Program prepares graduates to enter the plumbing field and construction industry. Students develop skills in all types of plumbing installation and repair work used in residential, institutional, and commercial applications. Graduates also gain required industry knowledge and experience prior to entering a professional apprenticeship program
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history and foundations of the plumbing trade.
- Demonstrate proficiency in designing plumbing systems.
- Model the stages of installations for faucets, fixtures, appliances and plumbing systems.
- Apply the appropriate techniques to install, repair, and maintain pipes in accordance with local and international plumbing codes.
- Design and install water and waste systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hot water heating principles.
- Use tools and equipment required to complete general plumbing tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of public/private water and sewage disposal systems.
- Employ occupational health and safety principles and practices to meet the OSHA requirements for the construction industry.Demonstrate communication, quantitative reasoning and problem solving skills needed in industry.
- Demonstrate communication, quantitative reasoning and problem solving skills needed in industry.
First Semester (14 credits)
|PLB 110 - Introduction to Plumbing||3|
|TCS 141 - Construction First Aid/Safety||3|
|PLB 111 - Faucets & Fixture Systems||3|
|HVA 106 - Basic Piping for Contractors||2|
|HVA 104 - Practical Problems in Mathematics for HVAC&R Technicians||3|
Second Semester (14 credits)
|PLB 112 - Plumbing Residential Service||2|
|PLB 210 - Drains and Sewers||3|
|HVA 206 - Industrial Piping||2|
|PLB 211 - Advanced Plumbing||2|
|PLB 212 - Installation of Plumbing Related Fixtures||2|
|PLB 213 - Principles of Prod Hot Water||3|
Total Credits: 28
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.