The College is open to assist you both virtually and at some select physical locations. Remote learning will continue through the summer and fall sessions. A small number of hybrid classes are offered with limited class meetings on campus and other work assigned online. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
Plumbing Apprenticeship, Certificate
The Plumbing Apprenticeship program is a four-year curriculum that provides essential skills needed in today's plumbing occupations. The coursework covers a diverse range of skills and knowledge and helps develop maturity and independence of judgment. This apprenticeship training provides practical and theoretical aspects of the work required in this highly skilled occupation. This program is designed to be completed on a part-time basis only.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Pass journey-level licensing examinations.
- Demonstrate proper safety practices.
- Lay out and install supply, drainage and heat piping systems.
- Specify and install various fixtures.
- Cite various requirements of the National Plumbing Code.
- Identify by sight supply and drainage materials and fittings.
- Read construction blueprints and specifications.
Total Credits: 37
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.