The College is open to assist you both virtually and at some select physical locations. Remote learning will continue through the summer and fall sessions. A small number of hybrid classes are offered with limited class meetings on campus and other work assigned online. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
Office Administration, Certificate of Competency
Effective: Fall, 2017
The Office Administration Certificate is best suited for those who seek to develop both hard and soft skills essential to work efficiently and effectively in today’s modern office environment. Participants will gain practical experience implementing Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint on a Microsoft Windows platform. In addition to the practical aspects of this program, emphasis is placed upon preparing graduates for positions in professional and public sector employment. Upon completion of the certificate requirements, students will be able to continue their studies in pursuing an Associate in Applied Science degree in General Business (BGEN).
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students should be able to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally implementing varied mediums (memorandums, letters, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, agendas, itineraries, electronic communication) using integrated office productivity software.
- Employ ethical practices, professional etiquette, and critical thinking to solve problems that arise in a contemporary office environment.
- Search and evaluate information in a variety of platforms.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to assist the completion of individual and team tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of various careers in business.
First Semester (12 credits)
|ENG 100 - English Composition I||3|
|BUS 100 - Introduction to Business||3|
|DPR 100 - Introduction to Information Technology||3|
|DPR 111 - Computer Applications||3|
Second Semester (6 credits)
|BUS 130 - Business Communication||3|
|ACC/BUS/CS/DPR elective (3 credits)|
Total Credits: 18
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.