The College is open to assist you both virtually and at some select physical locations. Remote learning will continue through the summer and fall sessions. A small number of hybrid classes are offered with limited class meetings on campus and other work assigned online. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
Medical Billing, Certificate
Effective: Fall, 2018
The Medical Billing 19 college-credit certificate program provides students with the skills necessary to function as medical billers for all types of health care institutions. The curriculum includes medical terminology, health informatics, analysis of coded data used on claims for reimbursement, and principles of medical billing.
A Certificate of Competency in Medical Billing will be awarded upon completion of this curriculum with a 2.0 GPA and a "C" or better in all allied health courses.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Correctly code procedures and diagnoses using correct medical terminology and correct ICD and CPT codes.
- Describe legal and ethical issues involved in medical billing.
- List different types of health insurance carriers and the reimbursement systems for each.
- Complete health insurance related forms and financial reports.
- Describe the follow up process with insurance companies and patients regarding unpaid bills.
- Describe the major health care organizations and agencies and their role in the health care delivery system.
First Semester (9 credits)
|DPR 100 - Introduction to Information Technology||3|
|AHM 102 - Introduction to Health Care||3|
|AHM 233 - Medical Terminology||3|
Second Semester (7 credits)
|AHM 130 - Medical Coding Concepts for Allied Health||3|
|AHM 185 - Medical Office Management||4|
Third Semester (3 credits)
|AHM 241 - Revenue Cycle Management and Reimbursement Methodologies||3|
Total Credits: 19
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.