The College is open to assist you both virtually and at some select physical locations. Remote learning will continue through the summer and fall sessions. A small number of hybrid classes are offered with limited class meetings on campus and other work assigned online. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
Manufacturing Operations, Certificate of Proficiency
Effective: Spring, 2016
This certificate is designed to prepare students for careers as machine tool operators/machinists in the current advanced technology manufacturing industries. Instruction is provided in the operation and maintenance for machine tools such as lathes, mills, grinders and other common machine shop equipment.
Upon successful completion of this curriculum, students should be able to:
- Set up and operate conventional machines to produce products to required specifications.
- Perform commonly assigned operator clean up and maintenance tasks associated with conventional machining.
- Develop a process plan to machine a basic part.
- Accurately interpret technical drawings calculations and measurements to verify product manufacturing specifications.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively and professionally communicate technical information.
- Apply knowledge of materials and mathematics to solve manufacturing problems as well as manufacture products.
- Apply safety principles and practices in the work environment.
First Semester (10 credits)
|MTT 108 - Mathematics for Occupational Technologies||3|
|MTT 110 - Print Layout and Measurement for Machining||4|
|MTT 111 - Introduction to Manufacturing||3|
Second Semester (9 credits)
|MTT 112 - Lathe Operations I||3|
|MTT 124 - Milling Operations I||3|
|TCC 111 - Technical Communications||3|
Third Semester (12 credits)
|MTT 122 - Lathe Operations II||3|
|MTT 210 - CNC Machine Tool Operations||3|
|MTT 213 - Manufacturing Processes||3|
|MTT 214 - Milling Operations II||3|
Total Credits: 31
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.