In accordance with Governor Wolf’s November 23 directive, the College has made some operational changes, effective November 30, that will allow us to complete the spring semester safely. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access more information and student resources.
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Certificate
Effective for Spring, 2016
The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC&R) occupations program prepares graduates for employment with HVAC&R installation and service contractors and/or facilities maintenance positions. Students completing the program also receive EPA Refrigerant Certification. Having achieved the competencies of this program, students are prepared for full-time employment at an entry-level position or, if already in the fields, to advance in their organization.
Upon successful completion of program requirements, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles, properties and functions of residential and light commercial HVAC&R components and systems.
- Use appropriate tools and materials to size, install, service and/or repair HVAC&R equipment and systems.
- Interpret ans use pressure and vacuum charts, blueprints and wiring diagrams for HVAC&R systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions in HVAC&R systems.
- Use computational skills to solve problems in electrical, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Employ occupational health and safety principles and practices.
First Semester (14 credits)
Second Semester (10 credits)
|HVA 106 - Basic Piping for Contractors||2|
|HVA 202 - Oil and Gas Burner Service||2|
|HVA 203 - Heat Pumps||3|
|HVA 204 - Blueprint Reading for HVAC||3|
Total Credits: 24
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.