Process Control Certificate Program
Train for a Process Control Technician job within a year
The recent oil and natural gas boom is creating jobs across the United States, and more specifically, the Marcellus Shale pipeline has created thousands of jobs in Pennsylvania. Not only are these jobs open and in high-demand, they’re high-paying and serve many industries, including food processing and pharmaceutical manufacturing. At Delaware County Community College we’re prepared to train you for one. Our Process Control Certificate Program can be completed in less than a year and will help you transition seamlessly into a career in advanced manufacturing technology.
Responsibilities of a Process Control Technician
- Monitoring control room functions of the delivery of products in an automated workflow
- Maintaining equipment, including valves, fittings, pressure and measurement equipment
- Oversee the calibration of the equipment
- Ensure that the facility complies with state and EPA regulations
- Monitor the safety aspects of the equipment
Process Control Industries
Process Control Technology, Certificate of Competency
This certificate is designed to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to seek employment as Process Operators/Technicians in automated manufacturing and production facilities. The program provides students with an introduction to the concepts, theory, principles, and technical demands, as well as the hazards, and accident prevention aspects associated with the operation of processing equipment.