Plumbing Technology Certificate Program
Interested in becoming a plumber? Now’s your chance. Delaware County Community College offers a Certificate of Competency in Plumbing Technology.
- 28-credit program that will prepare you for a career in the plumbing field
- Program can be used as career ladder for the College's Associate in Applied Science in Skilled Trades degree
- Learn how to apply the appropriate techniques to install, repair and maintain pipes in accordance with local and international plumbing codes
- Discover how to install various plumbing systems, including faucets and appliances
- Practice using the tools and equipment required to complete general tasks
- Understand how to design and install water and waste systems
- Gain an understanding of public versus private water and sewage disposal systems
- Financial aid may be available
Those looking to further their education can apply the 28 credits from the certificate program towards the College’s Associate in Applied Science in Skilled Trades degree.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for plumbers is growing faster than average and is expected to grow by 21 percent from now until 2022. Plumbers make a median salary of $49,140 per year.
Total Credits = 28
- PLBC 110 Introduction to Plumbing (3)
- TCS 141 Construction First Aid/Safety (3)
- PLBC 111 Faucets and Fixture Systems (3)
- HVA 106 Basic Piping for Contractors (2)
- HVA 104 Practical Problems in Mathematics (3)
- PLBC 112 Residential Plumbing Service (2)
- PLBC 210 Drains and Sewers (3)
- HVA 206 Industrial Piping (2)
- PLBC 211 Advanced Piping (2)
- PLBC 212 Installation of Plumbing Related Fixtures (2)
- PLBC 213 Principles of Producing Hot Water (3)