For up-to-date COVID-19 protocols, including Health and Safety Guidelines for Summer/Fall 2022, visit dccc.edu/coronavirus.
Hotel & Restaurant Management
The hospitality industry provides an array of rewarding and exciting career options with plenty of room for advancement. Plus those in the field can work all over the world in lodging, restaurants, resorts, theme parks, on cruises and more.
Career fields within hospitality include:
- Hotel Accounting & Cost Control
- Airline Food Operations
- Catering & Event Management
- Convention Management
- Cruise Line Operations
- Quick Service Supervision
- Food and Beverage Broker
- Gaming & Casino Management
- Hotel Housekeeping
- Bar Operations
- Restaurant Marketing and Sales
- Country Club Management
- Sporting Venue Food Service
- Theme Park Operations
Enjoy a Comprehensive Curriculum
Delaware County Community College’s Associate of Applied Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management is designed for individuals interested in a career in the hospitality industry. Upon successful completion of the degree, students will:
- Understand the supervisory skills needed to operate a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, inn and tavern
- Learn to apply human resource principles in a hotel or restaurant environment
- Become certified in food handling sanitation through the nationally recognized certification program ServSafe
- Learn to serve beverages responsibly
- Discover the use of sales techniques common to the service marketing of lodging and foodservice operations
- Students benefit from:
- Industry-expert instructors
- Flexible schedule featuring day and evening classes
- Online courses
- Internship opportunities
When alumnus Dameian Winns started college he was unsure of what he wanted to do. He got involved in student life, and faculty and staff recognized his people skills and encouraged him to pursue a career in Hotel and Restaurant Management. Today he is a guest service agent at DoubleTree and was recently named employee of the month.
“At Delaware County, I always had someone to help guide me on the right path. My professors really cared and wanted to see me get to the next level.”
Gain Real-Life Experience Through an Internship
The College helps students secure an internship, which provides practical, hands-on experience. Internships also help students explore their options within the industry and get a sense of what type of career they want to pursue. Students have interned at a number of renowned organizations, including the Desmond Hotel in Wayne and Walt Disney World.
Begin Your Career or Transfer to a Four-Year School
After you complete your associate degree at the College, you can either begin your career or transfer to a four-year school to earn a bachelor’s. The College has many partnerships with area colleges and universities and can assist you in transferring to the program of your choice.
Visit www.dccc.edu/transfer for more information.