Communications, Arts & Humanities
901 South Media Line Road
Media, PA 19063-1094
Room Number: 4307
I teach English and film at DCCC and advise the Anime/Video Game Club on campus.
- B.A. in English, West Chester University
- M.A. in Creative Writing, Wilkes University
- M.F.A. in Creative Writing, Wilkes University
- "Les Meilleur des Mondes Possibles" in the LA REVIEW OF LA
- "Pieta or the Antithesis of Time" in PITHEAD CHAPEL
- "Galacta" in SUBTOPIAN
- "The Poet of The People" in MULBERRY FORK REVIEW
- "High Score" in THE BIG CLICK
I am a member of both AWP and NCTE. I was a reader for the James Jones First Novel Fellowship in 2011 and 2015 and also served as a reader for the Eric Hoffer Award in 2015. My fiction has been published in LA REVIEW OF LA, SUBTOPIAN, MULBERRY FORK REVIEW, THE BIG CLICK, and PITHEAD CHAPEL. I am currently hard at work on my first novel.
Theoretical Approach, Experience, and Temperament
As an instructor, I give you the tools to write. I don't want you to simply do what I say but to rethink what you do and why. In my English classes, you'll learn how to manipulate an audience, how to argue--how to write well. If you ever thought you'd never be able to write, take my class, and we'll see if I can't change your mind.
- Classical Rhetoric, Creative Writing, American Literature, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Critical Theory, Deconstructionism, Freudian Criticism, New Criticism, Aestheticism, James Joyce.