Dr. Stephen R. Flemming
Communications, Arts & Humanities
Contact InformationSoutheast Center
- B.S.Ed, Temple University
- M.Ed, Cabrini College
- Ed.D, Drexel University
Awards, Grants and other Scholarly Recognitions
- Black men inspiring hope
- Who's Next: Teachers and Educational Leaders
- 2nd Place for Research Poster Presentation
Dr. Flemming is currently an adjunct professor here at a Delaware County Community College. He is passionate about teaching and learning in urban settings. His research interests include but are not limited to culturally relevant pedagogy, Black male pedagogy and literacy instruction.
Theoretical Approach, Experience, and Temperament
Dr. Flemming believes that learning should be experiential and multimodal, no matter what the academic content entails. He also believes that high expectations cannot be divorced from comparable levels of support; that each student, kindergarten through college, can achieve.
- Dr. Flemming's research interests include Black male pedagogy and English/Language Arts instruction in K-12 classrooms.
- His interests also include educational leadership, parent, school, and community relationships, and teacher/student relationships.