SpectiCast Series in HD
SpectiCast broadcasts live and encore performances at private venues around the world. Each event is produced in real time using a state-of-the-art audiovisual system and is choreographed to capture the fullness of the performance and the intimacy of the on-stage experience. Learn More »
The Philadelphia Orchestra first graced our screen via simulcast in 2011. Since then, the College has collaborated with SpectiCast to present up to nine broadcasts each season. These performances underscored the College as a local venue for these and other cultural events.
$20 | Adults
$15 | Seniors (50 & older)
$7.50 | Students (w/ valid ID) and Children (13 & under)
Purchase Tickets Online >>
Tickets also available at the door, cash only.
For more information, please call 610-359-5266.
Upcoming Spring 2014 Broadcasts
- Giuseppe Verdi's "Nabucco" (Opera)
Sunday, April 27, at 2 p.m.
Purchase Tickets Online >>
Filmed at the Roman Quarry of St. Margarethen
The open-air production of the Verdi masterpiece Nabucco staged at St. Margarethen takes place amidst the intoxicating scenery of a rustically romantic Roman quarry, which provides a unique backdrop for this opera. Nabucco tells the story of Nebuchadnezzar, ancient King of Babylon, who went mad after proclaiming himself God. It is one of the most popular works in the history of opera and was Giuseppe Verdi's (1813-1901) break-through in 1842. It features the most famous of all opera choruses, "Va, pensiero...", which is a tune know to more than just opera lovers. Running time: 145 minutes including 15-minute intermission. Sung in Italian with English and Italian Subtitles
Previous Broadcasts at the College Include:
- Balanchine's "Jewels"
- Stephen Sondheim's "Merrily We Roll Along"
- Giacomo Puccini's "La Boheme" (To Be Rescheduled)
- Mariinsky Ballet: "Swan Lake"
- "Live from Red Square"
- Giuseppe Verdi's "Un Ballo In Maschera"
- Mozart's "The Great Mass" - A Ballet by Uwe Scholz
- Stephen Sondheim's "Company"
- Abbado Conducts Mahler and Beethoven
- Georges Bizet's "Carmen"
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Phantom of the Opera"
- Robert Schumann performed by Martha Argerich and Riccardo Chailly
- Daniel Barenboim and West-Eastern Divan Orchestra performing Beethoven's Symphony No. 9
- Ludwig Minkus' "Don Quixote"
- Giuseppe Verdi: Aida
- Gustavo Dudamel Conducts "Los Ritmos De La Noche" From Waldbühne Berlin
- Europa Konzert From Oxford With Alisa Weilerstein
- The New York Philharmonic Live In Pyongyang
- Gilbert Conducts
- Tchaikovsky & MacMillan
- All Russian
- Masur Conducts Tchaikovsky
- Beethoven Symphony No. 9
- Europa Konzert from Moscow
- Mendelssohn Gala Featuring Lang Lang
- W.A. Mozart’s Così Fan Tutte
- Europa Konzert from Napoli