SpectiCast Series in HD
SpectiCast broadcasts live and encore performances at private venues around the world. Each event is produced in real time using a state-of-the-art audiovisual system and is choreographed to capture the fullness of the performance and the intimacy of the on-stage experience. Learn More »
The Philadelphia Orchestra first graced our screen via simulcast in 2011. Since then, the College has collaborated with SpectiCast to present up to nine broadcasts each season. These performances underscored the College as a local venue for these and other cultural events.
$20 | Adults
$15 | Seniors (50 & older) & Staff (w/ valid DCCC ID)
$7.50 | Students (w/ valid ID) and Children (13 & under)
Purchase Tickets Online >>
Tickets also available at the door, cash only.
For more information, please call 610-359-5266.
2015 Season Film Screenings
Sunday, April 19, at 2 p.m.
Flamenco Hoy in 2D
Flamenco Hoy, directed by the celebrated film maestro Carlos Saura, is a spectacular showcase of flamenco with breathtaking dance, dynamic music, and soul-searing singing. Featuring 20 of Spain's most exciting artists from the new generation of flamenco, dramatic choreography by Rafael Estevez and Nani Panos, and musical direction by the electrifying pianist Chano Dominguez, this dazzling show takes the audience into the heart of flamenco today.
Duration: 90 minutes
Sunday, May 3, at 2 p.m.
presented by the English National Opera (ENO)
La traviata tells the moving story of how the beautiful but fragile courtesan Violetta is coerced into sacrificing her one hope of personal happiness for the sake of her lover’s reputation.
A tragic and resonant tale of society and morality, Verdi’s masterpiece combines compelling characters with hugely powerful, moving and instantly recognizable melodies, making it one of the most emotionally engaging and popular operas of all time. Peter Konwitschny’s celebrated production returns to ENO, cutting to the very heart of the opera’s themes of passionate love and tragic death with a modern and uncluttered staging, a running time of less than two hours, and sung completely in English.
Making her UK debut as Violetta is soprano Elizabeth Zharoff, who stars alongside ENO Harewood Artist Ben Johnson as Alfredo and acclaimed baritone Anthony Michaels-Moore as Alfredo’s father, Giorgio Germont.
Duration: 110 mins
Violetta: Elizabeth Zharoff
Alfredo: Ben Johnson
Germont: Anthony Michaels-Moore
Flora: Clare Presland
Gaston: Paul Hopwood
Baron Douphol: Matthew Hargreaves
Marquis d’Obigny: Charles Johnston
Dr Grenvil: Martin Lamb
Annina: Valerie Reid
Conductor: Roland Böer
Director: Peter Konwitschny
Previous Broadcasts at the College Include:
- Moulin Rouge - The Ballet
- Giuseppe Verdi's "Nabucco"
- Balanchine's "Jewels"
- Stephen Sondheim's "Merrily We Roll Along"
- Giacomo Puccini's "La Boheme" (To Be Rescheduled)
- Mariinsky Ballet: "Swan Lake"
- "Live from Red Square"
- Giuseppe Verdi's "Un Ballo In Maschera"
- Mozart's "The Great Mass" - A Ballet by Uwe Scholz
- Stephen Sondheim's "Company"
- Abbado Conducts Mahler and Beethoven
- Georges Bizet's "Carmen"
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Phantom of the Opera"
- Robert Schumann performed by Martha Argerich and Riccardo Chailly
- Daniel Barenboim and West-Eastern Divan Orchestra performing Beethoven's Symphony No. 9
- Ludwig Minkus' "Don Quixote"
- Giuseppe Verdi: Aida
- Gustavo Dudamel Conducts "Los Ritmos De La Noche" From Waldbühne Berlin
- Europa Konzert From Oxford With Alisa Weilerstein
- The New York Philharmonic Live In Pyongyang
- Gilbert Conducts
- Tchaikovsky & MacMillan
- All Russian
- Masur Conducts Tchaikovsky
- Beethoven Symphony No. 9
- Europa Konzert from Moscow
- Mendelssohn Gala Featuring Lang Lang
- W.A. Mozart’s Così Fan Tutte
- Europa Konzert from Napoli