Process Control Technology I, Certificate
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions as Process Operators within the various (continuous flow) Processing Industry fields. Continuous-flow Process Operators are employed in industries such as petroleum refining, petrochemical, chemical, and pharmaceutical manufacturing, as well food products processing industries. The program provides students with an introduction to the concepts, theory, principles, and technical demands, as well as the hazards, and accident prevention aspects associated with the operation of processing equipment.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Describe, in general terms, the job responsibilities of various positions of employment within the (continuous flow) Processing Industry.
- Utilize a computer to retrieve/prepare/compile operator specific documentation.
- Discuss and apply safety, health, and environmental regulations in the context of an operator.
- Apply an understanding of chemistry (at an operator performance requirement level).
- Cite the operational characteristics of various pieces of processing equipment.
- Interpret processing schedules, operating logs, and test results to determine operating parameters for assigned equipment.
- Analyze specifications, monitor, and adjust controls to meet product requirements.
- Determine equipment malfunction/change-out requirements.
- Align (bring on line), observe/inspect, and set proper operating conditions for assigned production unit equipment.
- Perform operator assigned maintenance activities.
|PCT 101 - Introduction to Process Technology||4|
|PCT 100 - Plant Equipment||3|
|PCT 110 - Safety, Health and the Environment||3|
|TCC 111 - Technical Communication||3|
|MAT 110 - Technical Mathematics I||4|
|CHE 105 - Technical Chemistry||3|
Total Credits: 20
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.