This Certificate of Competency is designed to give students the knowledge to handle the science, craft and artistic merit of photography. The courses offered in this program provide a platform to bridge the technological gap between traditional and rapidly changing digital methods. Students will be exposed to a variety of tools and techniques that employ the use of photographic films, paper, chemicals, and computer applications in photography.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Calculate, process and print exposures correctly.
- Pre-visualize subject matter for black and white photographs and determine film speed.
- Prepare and use toners safely.
- Apply large format camera work to studio subject matter by arranging and lighting objects to render perspective and depth of field correctly.
- Integrate knowledge of conventional analog into digital photography techniques.
- Produce a portfolio of black and white or color photographs, which will incorporate analog and digital techniques.
Total Credits: 15
In compliance with Higher Education Act 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment programs.