This Certificate of Competency is designed to give students the knowledge to handle the science, craft and artistic merit of photography. The courses offered in this program provide a platform to bridge the technological gap between traditional and rapidly changing digital methods. Students will be exposed to a variety of tools and techniques that employ the use of photographic films, paper, chemicals, and computer applications in photography.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Calculate, process and print exposures correctly.
- Pre-visualize subject matter for black and white photographs and determine film speed.
- Prepare and use toners safely.
- Apply large format camera work to studio subject matter by arranging and lighting objects to render perspective and depth of field correctly.
- Integrate knowledge of conventional analog into digital photography techniques.
- Produce a portfolio of black and white or color photographs, which will incorporate analog and digital techniques.
Total Credits: 15
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.