Mobile Computing, Certificate of Profiency
Mobile Computing involves the development and deployment of specialized software and technologies that enable mobile and hand-held computing devices to function. These devices include mobile phones, smart phones, tablet-devices, ebook readers and other portable personal technology devices. This program is designed to prepare students with the knowledge and skills needed to enter the mobile computing field. Students prepare for careers in a variety of entry-level positions such as mobile app developer, software developer, programmer, and mobile game developer. The certificate builds a solid foundation of programming and design skills and introduces the specific skills needed for developing mobile/wireless applications for iOS, Android, and general web display with HTML. Students gain an understanding of mobile/wireless technologies and how these technologies are utilized and integrated to meet specific business needs. Current technologies and architectures that provide the network and communications infrastructure for mobile enabled systems are also covered. Students will learn to design mobile user interfaces and apply standards to create intuitive, usable and efficient applications.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Understand current technologies and architectures that provide the network and communications infrastructure for mobile enabled computer systems
- Define and identify the importance, types and uses of various mobile devices
- List the various operating systems used in mobile devices and discuss their advantages and disadvantages
- Apply appropriate user interface design techniques and standards to create intuitive, usable and efficient designs
- Identify the appropriate development tools, IDEs and emulators for creating and publishing various mobile applications and web sites
- Design and create web sites for display on a variety of different mobile devices and screens
- Design and create applications for smart-devices using iOS and Android OS frameworks and relevant programming languages
- Describe the standards and processes for submitting apps for distribution through the Apple App Store and Android Apps on Google Play
- Identify careers related to mobile computing and examine requisite skills
Total Credits: 37
In compliance with Higher Education Act 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment programs.