Machining Operations Level II, Certificate
This certificate is designed to prepare the student for above entry-level positions in the occupational specialty of conventional and Computer Numerical Control lathe and milling machine operations.
Upon successful completion of this curriculum, students should be able to:
- Determine coolant selection, speed, and feed settings in regard to tool material and insert geometry requirements in order to obtain specific surface finish requirements on milled parts.
- Create internal features to include chamfers, bores, recesses, counterbores, countersinks, grooves and pockets using a milling machine.
- Set-up and use various style cutters to create form (profile) geometry.
- Perform geometric/algebraic/trigonometric calculations to machine for set-up and inspection of parts, to include chamfers, tapers, threads, etc.
- Develop a process plan, to include job/operations tooling, and inspection procedure a review of reference materials in order to perform machining a basic lathe piece-part.
- Distinguish between the common surface treatments and finishing processes.
- Relate the classifications of production systems and the impact automation has for each.
- Elaborate on the principles of Lean Production and the "Factory within a Department" concepts, suggesting their possible impact on the social fabric of the workplace.
- Summarize the concepts and criteria for reducing costs and increasing productivity on the shop floor.
- Utilize welding, melting, casting, and molding equipment.
- Demonstrate appropriate terminology, mechanics, usage, and style while communicating technical information.
- Develop computer integrated graphical documents to prepare technical correspondence and presentations.
|MTT 122 - Lathe Operations II||3|
|MTT 214 - Milling Operations II||3|
|MTT 210 - CNC Machine Tool Operations||3|
|MTT 213 - Manufacturing Processes||3|
|TCC 111 - Technical Communication||3|
MTT 199 Optional Co-op / Internship 3 Credits
Students seeking to pursue this certificate program must meet the following prerequisites: MTT 108, MAT 110, MTT 110, MTT 111, MTT 112, MTT 124
Total Credits: 15
In compliance with Higher Education Act 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment programs.