Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Certificate
The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC&R) occupations program prepares graduates for employment with HVAC&R installation and service contractors and/or facilities maintenance positions. Having achieved the competencies of this program, students are prepared for full-time employment at an entry-level position or, if already in the fields, to advance in their organization.
Upon successful completion of program requirements, students should be able to:
- Identify the functions of components in residential and light commercial HVAC&R equipment.
- Explain the use of tools and materials in the installation and service of HVAC&R equipment.
- Describe the cycle of operation of residential and light commercial HVAC&R equipment.
- Interpret wiring diagrams.
- Diagnose trouble in operating safety controls.
- Perform specific start-up procedures to ensure operational efficiency and safety of HVAC&R equipment.
- Cite the procedure of heat loss and heat gain load calculations.
- Handle refrigerant and detail potential environment hazards of fluorocarbons.
- Detail the techniques of servicing equipment and start-up to develop service ability and hands-on experience.
- State the techniques of installing equipment.
Total Credits: 21
In compliance with Title 34 Code of Federal Regulations 668.6 of the Higher Education Act of 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment Programs.