Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Certificate
The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC&R) occupations program prepares graduates for employment with HVAC&R installation and service contractors and/or facilities maintenance positions. Having achieved the competencies of this program, students are prepared for full-time employment at an entry-level position or, if already in the fields, to advance in their organization.
Upon successful completion of program requirements, students should be able to:
- Identify the functions of components in residential and light commercial HVAC&R equipment.
- Explain the use of tools and materials in the installation and service of HVAC&R equipment.
- Describe the cycle of operation of residential and light commercial HVAC&R equipment.
- Interpret wiring diagrams.
- Diagnose trouble in operating safety controls.
- Perform specific start-up procedures to ensure operational efficiency and safety of HVAC&R equipment.
- Cite the procedure of heat loss and heat gain load calculations.
- Handle refrigerant and detail potential environment hazards of fluorocarbons.
- Detail the techniques of servicing equipment and start-up to develop service ability and hands-on experience.
- State the techniques of installing equipment.
Total Credits: 21
In compliance with Higher Education Act 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment programs.