Early Childhood Director, Certificate
The Early Childhood Director Certificate of Competency from Delaware County Community College will prepare students for administrative and leadership positions in early care and education programs. Coursework will cover strategies for program administration, understanding of financial management and current issues facing early care and education programs. This certificate of competency also meets the educational requirements for Pennsylvania's Director Credential that is awarded by the Pennsylvania Early Learning Keys to Quality. Students seeking this certificate must have an AAS or AS in ECE or related field or higher OR have completed 45 hours towards an AAS degree in Early Childhood Education.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Develop leadership skills to enhance the student's ability to effectively manage an early childhood program.
- Utilize governmental regulations and best practice guidelines to improve the quality of early care and education services.
- Evaluate current administrative strategies and develop more effective management skills.
- Identify and implement sound and proven business and financial management strategies.
- Identify current trends in early care and education and develop strategies for effectively implementing program policy to address these trends.
- Evaluate current practices in supervision of teaching staff and develop strategies to enhance the staff's skill in providing high quality early care and education.
|ECE 290 - Administration and Supervision of Early Care and Education Environments||3|
|ECE 291 - Current Issues and Trends in Early Care and Education||3|
|ECE 293 - Financial Strategies for the Business of Early Care and Education||3|
Total Credits: 9
In compliance with Higher Education Act 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment programs.