Child Development Associate, Certificate
This Certificate of Competency from Delaware County Community College will prepare students for entry level positions in early care and education programs. It will enable students to apply for The Child Development Associate Credential (CDA ) which is awarded by The Council for Professional Recognition. This program is composed of three 3 credit courses and one 1 credit course that meets the educational requirement and competencies for the CDA.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Develop strategies for fostering children's cognitive, physical, social, emotional and language development.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the importance of working with parents as partners.
- Select and apply age and developmentally appropriate materials, equipment and activities for curricula designed to meet the needs of typical, and atypical young child.
- Manifest a responsible and professional attitude toward career goals.
- Describe the structure and practices of early childhood education.
|ECE 100 - Principles of Early Childhood Education||3|
|ECE 110 - Infant/Toddler Care and Education||3|
|ECE 111 - Methods and Materials for Teaching II||3|
|ECE 112 - Developing a Professional Portfolio and Resource File for ECE||1|
Total Credits: 10
In compliance with Higher Education Act 2008, click here to obtain information about tuition and fees, and other information associated with Delaware County Community College Gainful Employment programs.