Information Technology, Web Development, A.A.S.
The Associate in Applied Sciences in the Information Technology fields at Delaware County Community College blends the theoretical with the practical. Students are offered a choice of specializations: Programming, Computer Applications, Network Engineering, Web Development, Interactive Multimedia, Mobile Computing, Game Development and Help Desk. Students have the benefit of classroom instruction, the use of specialized laboratory facilities and participation in co-curricular programs in their specialization area. All students interested in Information Technology majors take core courses required for the associate in applied science and in addition, attend required information technology core courses. Students select an option with specialized courses and related electives. All students are required to take the general education core courses listed below. In addition, students take 12 credits from the required Information Technology Core. The student will choose one of seven options to complete the requirements for the specific associate's degree.
The Web Development option is designed for students interested in pursuing a career as a Web professional. Completion of this program option will provide students with the skills needed for entry-level positions as Web page designers/developers. Concepts covered include information design, network administration, database management, interface design and programming. Students learn to create web sites using current industry standard software and technologies. In addition, students learn how to incorporate media technologies such as sound, video, and animation into web.
In conjunction with the general education and IT core requirements the student should be able to:
- Plan for a professional web site including graphics design, structural analysis, and data gathering.
- Design and create intuitive, usable interfaces for desktop and mobile devices
- Create web sites using current HTML and CSS standards.
- Create responsive web applications that display appropriately on a variety of mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop screens.
- Upload files to a web server and update and maintain web sites.
- Incorporate scripting languages into web documents to add control and interactive elements.
- Understand and support current Linux systems.
First Semester (15 credits)
|Social Science Elective - 3 credits|
Second Semester (15-17 credits)
|Math Elective - 3-5 credits|
Third Semester (16-18 credits)
|Humanities Elective - 3 credits|
|Math Elective - 3-5 credits|Required Electives:
Fourth Semester (16-17 credits)
|Science Elective - 3-4 credits|
- Mathematics Electives 6-10 Credits
- Social Science Elective 3 Credits
- Humanities Elective 3 Credits
- Science Elective 3-4 Credits
For Mathematics electives choose one of the following sequences: MAT 120 and 121, or MAT 135 and 136, or MAT 140 and 141, or MAT 150 and 151.
Total Credits: 62-67
Information Technology - Web Development - 09/2014 to Present