Information Technology, Game Development, A.A.S.
The Associate in Applied Sciences in the Information Technology fields at Delaware County Community College blends the theoretical with the practical. Students are offered a choice of specializations: Programming, Computer Applications, Network Engineering, Web Development, Interactive Multimedia, Game Development and Help Desk. Students have the benefit of classroom instruction, the use of specialized laboratory facilities and participation in co-curricular programs in their specialization area. All students interested in Information Technology majors take core courses required for the associate in applied science and in addition, attend required information technology core courses. Students select an option with specialized courses and related electives. All students are required to take the general education core courses listed below. In addition, students take 12 credits from the required Information Technology Core. The student will choose one of seven options to complete the requirements for the specific associate's degree.
The Game Development option prepares students for a career or further study in the game development field. The courses represent specific skills necessary to train students in the design, development, marketing, and testing of computer games. Students contemplating a career in video game development should elect this option.
In conjunction with the general education and IT core requirements the student should be able to:
- Develop a game concept and create a game design document
- Develop a prototype from their game design using a game development tool
- Program a game in an object oriented programming language
- Test the usability of a computer game
- Develop a game portfolio and a game marketing plan
- Mathematics Electives 6 - 10 Credits
- Social Science Elective 3 Credits
- Humanities Elective 3 Credits
- Science Elective 3 - 4 Credits
For Mathematics Elective choose one of the following sequences: MAT 120-121, or MAT 135-136, or MAT 150-160-161