Culinary Arts Instructors - Part-Time - Fall 2012 - Chester County Operations
Basic InformationJob posting active from: Mon, 2012-07-16
Campus: Chester County Operations
Job Type: Faculty
Hour Type: Part-Time
The Business & Computer Information Systems Division is searching for adjunct instructors to teach the following Culinary Arts classes at our Media, Delaware County Campus:
- · CUL 115, Professional Cooking I. Course Description available at: http://www.dccc.edu/courses/cul/115.
- · CUL 150, Baking and Pastry Foundations I. Course Description available at: http://www.dccc.edu/courses/cul/150.
- · CUL 220, Nutrition and the Hospitality Industry. Course Description available at: http://www.dccc.edu/courses/cul/220.
- · CUL 230, Professional Cooking II. Course Description available at: http://www.dccc.edu/courses/cul/230.
- · HRM 110, Food Sanitation and Safety Supervision. Course Description available at: http://www.dccc.edu/courses/hrm/110.
The classes are part of the Certificate in Culinary Arts Program. Program Description: http://www.dccc.edu/programs-study/certificate/culinary-arts-certificate-competency.
There are both day and evening sections available.
Requirements: Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years work experience as an executive chef, sous chef, or chef in a leadership position. Candidates should also hold current professional certification from the American Culinary Federation (ACF) or other professional culinary organization. .
Some teaching experience is preferred.
The applicant must be committed to excellence in teaching as well as a thorough understanding of curriculum development, competency-based education, differentiated instruction, diverse learning styles, classroom technologies, and distance learning.
If you are interested in being considered, please forward your current resume to Bill Watson, Assistant Dean, BUS/CIS firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.